United Methodist Women
ATTENTION: The United Methodist Women are once again selling the beautiful note cards featuring the extraordinary picture of the church. There are 5 note cards and 5 envelopes in each packet. The cost is $5.00 and they will be sold at Fall Fest on October 7th at Rotary Park and then on the second and fourth Sunday of each month at the table near the entrance of Lyle Hall. Profits go to the Cape May United Methodist Church, UMW missions, (many are listed below).
Upcoming Event: Fall Fest in the Park – Our Fall Fest will take place on Saturday, October 7th, in Rotary Park (behind the Washington Street Mall). We need handmade items to sell at the gift table. If you can make something, please let Doris Groves know. 898-1794. Click the link to access the Fall Fest Flyer! ==> 2017_Fall_Fest_Sign-Rev_1 All of the profits go toward our various Mission Projects!
Click this link to navigate to the United Methodist Women’s global website where you can learn about the mission and ministry of United Methodist Women! ===> http://unitedmethodistwomen.org
The Cape May United Methodist Women: The women’s group meets on the third Monday of the month for a luncheon and fellowship. They are the driving force for many of our missions and outreach projects. Wherever exciting things are happening, you will find our women hard at work; here are a few examples:
- The Children’s Mission Project: “Believe in Tomorrow Children’s House at Johns Hopkins hospital.
- The Camden Neighborhood Center – “A Day at the Beach for Inner-city Kids.
- Lillian Beck walking to find a cure for Diabetes.
- Women’s Tuesday Bible Study and Fellowship.
- Family Promise of Cape May County.
- Collecting “things” like aluminum tabs, used postage stamps, that can be recycled for mission projects.
- Local Food Closet urgent needs.
- Ginny’s Pennies: Ginny Stiffler collects pennies and small change to feed hungry families during the holidays. (Ginny is 96 years young).
- Hope Circle Jars are filled with inspirational quotes and verses to give to people who need a bright moment each day for a month. They have expanded this ministry to “Joke Jars” for those who enjoy starting their day with laughter!
- KonKerr Cancer pillowcases are handmade and distributed to children undergoing cancer treatment to brighten up their days.
- Vacation Bible School would not happen without the passion and dedication of our women.
- Operation Christmas Child fills shoe boxes with things children need like tooth paste, toothbrushes, soap, combs, a small toy or two and of course some type of shoes or sandals. These shoe boxes are collected and shipped to Samaritan’s Purse, who distribute them around the world to places where children would otherwise not receive anything for Christmas. The smiles on the children’s faces show that it’s worth all of the effort.
These are just a few of the projects our women are involved in that reach out into our community and around the world. They are working hard to make disciples for Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
Click the link to navigate to the United Methodist Women’s global website. http://unitedmethodistwomen.org